Monday, September 15, 2014

Windows 9 Has a Start Menu

Some screenshots and videos are showing up for Windows 9 Technical Preview. I'm not sure what else is in there, but the one I care about is the Start menu. It's back!

Right from the time Windows 8 came out, it bothered me that they tried to use a tablet interface on desktop computers. According to articles, Windows 9 will change the interface depending on the type of device. So, tablets can retain the Start screen (which makes sense) and PCs can have the start menu.

If this all turns out to be true for the release product I think I can finally get customers moving on the new OS instead of sticking with Windows 7.

A YouTube video of the Windows 9 Start menu is below:


Please note that the product name of Windows 9 is not yet confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment